I've been on the message board site Gaia Online for about six years and have met many wonderful people of shared interest and people who helped me grow in mine.

Since IWTB I've been trying to organize a mass fan viewing of all 9 seasons of The X-Files on the site in my small Guild. I've convinced several people into the long haul, but then it dawned on me that why don't I go to the hardcore XF fans like me and ask them if they'd like to join in on the nostalgic romp? xD

So, if you have a Gaia Online account and are interested in doing something like this post here and let me know! The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. If Gaia Online isn't a popular site, maybe we could use Livejournal or Haven to organize a viewing schedule? I'm open for suggestions; I just want to watch XF from beginning to end all way through. I'll even actually watch Teso Dos Bichos and not just say I did.

Where are my Gaia peeps?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'M ON GAIA!

Member since the headphones (August 2003...missed bear hats by 4 days!!!). I go through phases of logging in religiously every day, and then go mon ths where I don't log in at all...I've been on a dry spell for a looooong time now, but I should start logging in again, especially with a Halloween event no doubt approaching. I'm a member of an XF guild! I bet it's yours!! I'd love to partake, but ALL 9 SEASONS with 2 jobs and a new puppy at home would be very hard for me XD I could hang out for some of it maybe.

On a side note, I entered a Scully avi in the arena once XD Got good ratings but didn't win :(
I don't have a X-Files Guild, but I bet we're apart of the same one! My guild is called DOMO and is just a kind of random guild, its pretty slow moving. I think I'm going to end up doing this viewing in two different guilds on Gaia, and possibly two other sites!

How the viewing would be done is in viewing blocks; so you'd aim to having a certain number of episodes watched by a certain day - but ultimately you can go at your own pace. We're currently wrapping up a Battle Star Galactica viewing and what we did then was post our thoughts (a few sentences to paragraphs) on each episode for discussion - but you don't even have to do that if you don't want to! You could just pop in whenever and watch whatever episodes we're on at the moment. I'm pretty fluid about the whole thing.

My username is Red Scully, add me as a friend if we're not already! xD
Hmmm....the one I'm in is just called "The X-Files Guild -I Want To Believe-" ...is your DOMO guild an XF guild or a Domo-kun one? XD

The viewing sounds awesome, I'm totally in!

p.s.
I'm Kami Neko
Haha! That is the X-Files Guild I'm in! My Guild, DOMO, is just called DOMO - its kind of a all purpose chat guild with no real discussion goal/subject. xD

We're friends now! Wooo! Heh. I think I'll have the viewing in my guild and The X-Files one. That way the people I talked into watching won't have things spoiled for them or feel over whelmed by us philes, you know?
Ah yes, that may be a good idea. Philes sure can be overwhelming to "normals" XD

Kristiine Havener said:
Haha! That is the X-Files Guild I'm in! My Guild, DOMO, is just called DOMO - its kind of a all purpose chat guild with no real discussion goal/subject. xD

We're friends now! Wooo! Heh. I think I'll have the viewing in my guild and The X-Files one. That way the people I talked into watching won't have things spoiled for them or feel over whelmed by us philes, you know?
Yes, exactly! I know that I can personally be a bit overwhelming while watching. I've seen every episode a minimum of three times and when I watch with other people I forget that they have to pay real attention and I'm just chatting away enjoying myself. T_T

Never Again said:
Ah yes, that may be a good idea. Philes sure can be overwhelming to "normals" XD
OK! The viewing is going to kick off sometime near the end of October!
sweetness~

Kristiine Havener said:
OK! The viewing is going to kick off sometime near the end of October!
Alrighty, sent a PM to you with links and info and what have you! See you there! <3

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Avi Quijada.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service